How to Leave a Comment on Our Blog

HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG
1. Scroll to the end of the post.
2. Click on the phrase "0 comments" or, if there are comments it will indicate how many, for example, "8 comments." Clicking on this will open the comment option for you.
3. Type in your note.
4. Choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so I know who you are!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A weekend away

We have been meaning to go back to visit the family for a while now and Hinckley seemed a good location make the trip.
Trinity marina is about a 20 minute walk from the town centre but when I checked the Enterprise car hire availability I discovered they had moved just a 10 minute walk from the marina. So £10($15) per night mooring fee and we were ready. The car was a Peugeot 107 or as Jaq called it a pregnant roller skate. A 3 day weekend hire was £45 ($67) inclusive of tax. Because of all hires having a £600($(900) excess if you damage the car I decided on a £33($49) insurance to reduce my liability to £100($150) if I did cause any damage.
Anyway all went well and despite not having driven in the UK for over 2years I soon got back into the swing of it.

 

 Ok let them have their 5 minutes of fame on grandads blog. Starting top left Jack and Jordan.Below them are Kiernan and Kiera. Top right is Batu.  On the left showing me his car is Teo and next is Lena-May. Last but not least on the right is Nikole the oldest.


Well I must say we were both glad to leave the marina as being squashed between boats is to us like being imprisoned after the freedom of the countryside moorings. Still we only spent one night on the boat here so not to bad.
Now back out on the towpaths again and looking forward to our U.S. trip in just a few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi you two,
any idea when you'll be back my way.
Should have a boat around xmas time and I'll be in the Stoke Bruerne, Braunston, Stockton areas or thereabouts. Would be good to meet up and chat properly.
Enjoy your upcomng trip and I'm sure we'll meet sometime next year.
TC

Ross

Les Biggs said...

Hi Ross
Nice to hear from you.
If you can e mail me I can let you know what is happening over the next month or so. Then perhaps we can get together on Nb Valerie all of us for a cuppa, a sandwich and a good chat.
Les

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs